Female students recognised as significant contributors to College life
Jun 10, 2015
College Archivist, Mr Warren Murphy recently installed a photo wall in the Campion Library featuring female Old Ignatians who have made a significant contribution to life at the College during their time as students.
Miss Alex Besanko (Class of '05) and current member of staff was recognised in this category for her significant contribution to girls sport. Alex presented a speech to the College at the Rector's Assembly held on Tuesday 9 June.
A selection of past female students who made a significant contribution as a student to College life 1972 - 1995
SHARON PAULL, Class of 1973
CLAUDIA FERRAGAMO, Class of 1974
RENATA MARUSZCZYK, Class of 1974
KIM DURBAN, Class of 1974
KATHERINE HURFORD, Class of 1985
ELIZABETH VENABLES, Class of 1985
DANIELLE GRANT, Class of 1988
JANE RICE, Class of 1987
PATSY TIERNEY, Class of 1988
TANIA OCCHIUTO, Class of 1989
CLAIRE BARKER, Class of 1990
ALISON UREN, Class of 1991
JULIARNA CLEAL, Class of 1991
ANNA SEPPELT, Class of 1992
JOY LIM, Class of 1994
KARINA McLAUCHLAN, Class of 1995
A selection of past female students who made a significant contribution as a student to College life 1996 - 2012
IDA CAPOZZI, Class of 1999
NICOLE SITARENOS, Class of 1999
JANINE BASSO, Class of 2000
ADRIANA CAMPBELL, Class of 2000
LAURA MILLBANK, Class of 2002
THERESE JNGUYENPHAMHH, Class of 2002
CATHERINE CHESTERMAN, Class of 2003
HANNAH MOORE, Class of 2003
NINA PHOTAKIS, Class of 2004
ALEXANDRA BESANKO, Class of 2005
NICOLA BUCKLAND, Class of 2006
JESSICA HOWLAND, Class of 2006
GABRIELLE KLINGBERG, Class of 2006
KATERINA SEN, Class of 2006
GEORGINA SHEENS, Class of 2007
THEMIS SCANLON, Class of 2008
GIORGINA PIPERONE, Class of 2009
KATE DUNCAN, Class of 2010
EMMA DUNCAN, Class of 2011
BRIGID O'FARRELL WHITE, Class of 2011
KERRYN DIGNAM, Class of 2012
ISABELLE KIMBER, Class of 2012
LUCINDA SWAN, Class of 2012
Guidelines applied were as follows:
- The selection does not imply that the list is all encompassing.
- The selection does not imply that it constitutes an honour role.
- There is no sense of a hierarchical list, in fact the photos are mounted in random order.
- The achievements listed were those undertaken whilst the student was enrolled at the College.
- Details and quotes were solely sourced from student files, Speech Day Reports, Annual Sports Awards and the Manresa Report.
- The photos used in the photo wall were solely sourced from documents held in the Archives.