Scholarships and Bursaries
Jesuit schools have a tradition of assisting in the education of students who would not otherwise have access to an Ignatian education. In this tradition Saint Ignatius’ College pursues its mission of attracting a diverse range of students.
Scholarships for Entry in 2023
The College offers academic and music scholarships to students who are able to display established excellence or significant promise in a range of academic areas, as well as those who have most appropriately demonstrated the application of an Ignatius education.
Online applications to apply for ACER Academic Scholarship Tests for students who in 2023 will enter Year 7, Year 8, Year 10 or Year 11 will open in early September 2021.
Applications to apply for a Music Scholarship for students who in 2023 will enter Year 7, Year 8 or Year 9 will open in early September 2021.
Some means-tested bursaries are available to families seeking a Catholic education in the Ignatian tradition but whose financial circumstances make fee requirements unsustainable. Bursary consideration is also given to people of a refugee and/or first peoples background. Bursaries are not related to our merit-based academic or music scholarship program.
Criteria to be eligible for a Bursary
- Preference is given to Catholic families committed to their faith with a congruence to the values and beliefs of the College.
- There should be a good fit in terms of the applicant’s academic aptitude, cocurricular interests and social skills.
- Those applying for bursaries must submit financial records with their enrolment application.
- The Bursary Fund is limited and generally offers partial tuition assistance only.
- Bursaries are reviewed annually to be sure students are meeting the criteria.
- Bursary Fund monies are distributed with equity, confidentiality and compassion.
- The Rector and Principal exercise discretionary power to apply financial assistance.
For further information regarding enrolment, scholarships or bursaries, please contact the College Registrar, Mrs Monica Klingberg on 8334 9348 or email: email@example.com
Ignatius students benefit from an excellent education rich in Jesuit values and Christian spirit, and enrich the College community as well as the wider community throughout their lives. “These young men and women will always carry the gift of an Ignatian Education.”