Academic Achievements - Class of 2020
As Principal of Saint Ignatius’ College, it gives me great pleasure to share this summary of the academic achievements of the Class of 2020 with our students, parents, friends and the wider community.
Our Senior Year this year were particularly resilient in coping with all manner of challenges which were unanticipated when the year commenced.
As such, their achievements are all the more impressive.
I am particularly grateful for their leadership this year and for the way in which they supported one another in trying times. They are a credit to themselves, their families and our school, and we are proud of them.
Their results are very pleasing as evidenced by the information contained here but even more pleasing, is that they have become fine young men and women in our Ignatian tradition.
Mr Peter Coffey
Highlights of Achievements
- For the first time since 1982 a student has been awarded the Tennyson Medal for the state’s top Year 12 English student.
- One student is the recipient of the prestigious “Governor of South Australia Commendation Award” (26 awarded in the state).
- All of our Year 12 students gained their South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE).
- Our students gained 119 A+ grades, including 47 Merits, 239 A’s and 192 A-’s – a total of 550 (63%) grades in the A band.
- The average ATAR was 85.8 and the median score was 88.8.
- Highest ATAR achieved was 99.95 (1 student).
- 32 students achieved 47 Merits.
- Merits were achieved in 17 subjects involving 23 teachers.
- 19.4 % (27) of our Year 12 students gained Merits.
- One student achieved four Merits. Four students achieved three Merits with one of these students also achieving two Merits as a Year 11 student in 2019. Four other students achieved two Merits.
- 10 students (7.3% of the cohort) achieved an ATAR of 99 or above, placing them in the top 1% of the State.
- 48 students (35% of the cohort) achieved an ATAR of 95 or above, placing them in the top 5% of the State.
- 64 students (46.7% of the cohort) achieved an ATAR of 90 or above, placing them in the top 10% of the State.