Old Ignatian Mentor Program

"Connecting Old Ignatians and sharing the Ignatian spirit with the broader community in a way that upholds Ignatian tradition and values.”

Call for Mentees

We have now confirmed our Founding Mentors for the Old Ignatian Mentoring Pilot Program. Currently we are on the hunt for young Ignatian graduate Mentees to begin the matching process. If you would like to find out more or to express your interest, please contact Belinda Mears on 8334 9356 or b.mears@ignatius.sa.edu.au before Friday, 5 July 2019. *Limited spaces available for 2019 pilot program.

A Massage from the Old Ignatians' Association President, Eddy Glavas (Class of 1992):

The Old Ignatians' Association membership spans close to 70 years, as President I am privileged alongside  the OIA Committee and my predecessors to be custodian to close to 8000 members. Our membership community, and our responsibility to support our members will endure beyond my lifetime. The Association continues to strengthen ties with College Community, including Parents and Friends and The Foundation. Our sporting groups celebrate connection on and off the field in building trusting and enduring friendships and celebrate their ongoing connection with the College as Old Ignatians.

Reflecting on the outstanding work we all do in community engagement, I am excited to share with the Community and our Alumni; the OIA with support from the Advancement Office will be developing a Pilot Mentor Program specifically for our Alumni. With a rich and diverse membership group across many industries, we are calling for expressions of interest from our Community for Mid-Career Alumni Mentors to be part of the development of the program, with the view of expanding into Executive level mentoring in the second year.

This is an opportune time for the Association to support the next generation of Leaders. Reflecting on my own journey, I place immense value on my time at Saint Ignatius’ College, Striving for the Magis and Cura Personalis was at the heart of my education and has influenced my own leadership journey. I am proud to see my own children benefit from the same ethos, noting the College’s strategic plan and priority to deliver human excellence is exciting. As an affiliate Community group, we can as a collective continue to build on this with our Alumni. I am confident the OIA will deliver a unique experience to our Community and drive sustainable engagement across different generations.

Mentor positions for the Pilot Program have now closed but to register your interest in becoming a future Mentor or for further information, please contact myself or Belinda Mears, Advancement Manager, b.mears@ignatius.sa.edu.au

Eddy Glavas, Class of 1992
Old Ignatians' Association President